Environment & Climate News
- Hundreds Of Companies Call For U.S. To Slash Carbon Emissionson April 13, 2021
Tim Cook, chief executive officer of Apple Inc., speaks during an event in 2018. Apple is one of 310 companies calling on the Biden administration to slash carbon emissions.; Credit: David Paul Morris/Bloomberg via Getty Images Eric McDaniel | […]
- At climate summit, Biden will try to reassure a skeptical world that the U.S. is backon April 15, 2021
Rejoining the Paris agreement was the easy part. Now the Biden administration must choose a new goal for reducing greenhouse gas emissions that's both ambitious and practical.
- DDT's toxic legacy can harm granddaughters of women exposed, study showson April 14, 2021
Women face greater risk of obesity, earlier menstruation and possibly breast cancer if their grandmothers were exposed to DDT during pregnancy, researchers say.
- Permit terms might kill Poseidon desalination proposal in Huntington Beachon April 14, 2021
Company claims mitigation requirements would prevent it from getting financing.
- ‘Huge explosion’ as eruptions continue to rock St. Vincenton April 12, 2021
Roughly 16,000 people who live in communities close to the volcano had been evacuated under government orders on Thursday, but an unknown number have remained behind and refused to move.
- Explosive eruption rocks volcano on Caribbean island of St. Vincenton April 9, 2021
An explosive eruption rocked La Soufriere volcano on the eastern Caribbean island of St. Vincent on Friday following mandatory evacuation orders from the local government.