Environment & Climate News
- Alasdair Harris: How Can Coastal Conservation Save Marine Life And Fishing Practices?on June 25, 2021
; Credit: /Courtesy of TED Manoush Zomorodi, Matthew Cloutier, and SANAZ MESHKINPOUR | NPRPart 3 of TED Radio Hour episode: An SOS From The Ocean In 1998, Alasdair Harris went to Madagascar to research coral reefs. He's worked there ever since. He […]
- A Caltech scientist has apologized for damaging a sacred site. Is it enough?on July 25, 2021
As a Caltech professor apologizes for damaging an ancient Native American petroglyph site, a movement grows against scientific intrusion.
- California wildfires force more evacuations as crews rush to make progress before weather shifton July 25, 2021
Crews were continuing to battle two massive wildfires in Northern California on Saturday — Dixie and Tamarack — with more residents ordered to flee.
- Crews in Oregon make progress on massive Bootleg fireon July 23, 2021
"The fire continues to throw challenges at us, and we are going to continue to stay vigilant, work hard and adapt," Joe Hessel, incident commander for the Oregon Department of Forestry Incident Management Team, said in a statement.
- Plans to change incentives for rooftop solar draw backlashon July 23, 2021
Many pro-solar activists say proposals will slow momentum, while proponents say current system is unfair.
- Covid explodes in Cancun and Los Cabos as third wave hits Mexicoon July 23, 2021
A third coronavirus wave fueled by the highly contagious delta variant is battering two of Mexico’s most popular tourist destinations on opposite coasts, Los Cabos in the Pacific and Cancun on the Caribbean.