Environment & Climate News
- Alasdair Harris: How Can Coastal Conservation Save Marine Life And Fishing Practices?on June 25, 2021
; Credit: /Courtesy of TED Manoush Zomorodi, Matthew Cloutier, and SANAZ MESHKINPOUR | NPRPart 3 of TED Radio Hour episode: An SOS From The Ocean In 1998, Alasdair Harris went to Madagascar to research coral reefs. He's worked there ever since. He […]
- Category 5 atmospheric river takes aim at Northern California with series of strong stormson October 21, 2021
A significant storm is expected in Central and Northern California on Thursday night, with an even stronger system arriving Sunday.
- U.S. must act to protect climate migrants, government report sayson October 21, 2021
A new report from the federal government predicts future waves of climate migrants and warns the U.S. isn't prepared.
- Climate change drives Venice flooding, even in off-seasonon October 20, 2021
Venice's defense has been entrusted to the Moses system of moveable underwater barriers, a project costing nearly $7 billion and which, after decades of cost overruns, delays and a bribery scandal, is still officially in the testing phase.
- Manchin denies report he’s planning to leave Democratson October 20, 2021
Manchin has been at odds with many of his fellow Democrats over key aspects of Biden's agenda, from voting rights to climate change. He has insisted that the party must substantially scale back a social spending bill, initially estimated to cost $3.5 trillion.
- Controversial Redondo power plant operations extended through 2023on October 20, 2021
Regulators approved another extension to keep the outdated, gas-fired AES-run Redondo Beach power plant operating through 2023.