Food & Health
- Mushrooms: the next big weapon in the war against conventional meaton October 21, 2021
This story is part of our series on the future of cultured and plant-based meat. Read more here.
- Prepare yourself for an avalanche of fake meaton October 21, 2021
The list of meat mimics — plant-based, cultured, fungi-based — is mushrooming.
- Beyond the burger: chicken, fish and pork are now made from plantson October 21, 2021
There now are plant-based products that mimic an expanding variety of fish, as well as chicken and pork.
- Why California is the capital of fake meaton October 21, 2021
Companies are flocking to alt-protein central — California
- Pediatrician from CHOC to be honored by Boys and Girls Club of Santa Anaon October 20, 2021
Dr. Mark Colon has treated an estimated 110,000 children in the 20 years he has overseen the Santa Ana club's in-house medical clinic.
- Vaccine mandate prompts school walkouts throughout OC, stateon October 18, 2021
"To me, the risk that comes with getting the vaccine is far greater than the risk of taking the battle directly to Covid." Barry McPherson, Irvine.
- California requires free menstrual products in public schoolson October 12, 2021
California public schools and colleges must stock their restrooms with free menstrual products under a bill signed Friday by Gov. Gavin Newsom.