Food & Health
- What We're Into: The cauliflower shawarma at Mayfield in San Juan Capistranoon May 16, 2021
This week, Jenn takes us to try the cauliflower shawarma at Mayfield restaurant in San Juan Capistrano.
- Minh Phan's Phenakite is our Restaurant of the Yearon May 16, 2021
Phenakite is an ambitious fine-dining project with the most heartfelt cooking in Los Angeles.
- And the winner of the 2021 Gold Award is ... Guelaguetzaon May 16, 2021
At Guelaguetza, the flavors of Oaxaca are essential elements of Los Angeles cuisine.
- Masking up at a store? What Trader Joe's, Walmart, Ralphs, CVS, Walgreens and other retailers sayon May 14, 2021
Trader Joe's, Walmart and Costco are among the first businesses to drop the mask requirement following updated CDC guidelines.
- Newsom channels some Californians’ frustrations about freeway trash, pitches $1.5 billion cleanupon May 12, 2021
With some of the underpasses also now serving as shelter for the growing number of unhoused, Newsom also assured that an accompanying $12 billion plan to tackle homelessness will provide alternatives.
- Orange County School Board perpetuates false idea about mandatory vaccines for studentson May 5, 2021
The conservative-leaning board plans to discuss on Wednesday a resolution against vaccine passports and holding two summer forums on ethnic studies.
- Which ethnic groups are most eager to get vaccinated in Southern California counties?on May 4, 2021
Getting vaccinated at higher rates than the state average are White residents of LA County, Black residents of Orange County and Asian American residents of San Bernardino. Riverside County lags among all ethnicities.