- L.A. teachers union sidesteps vote over Israel-Palestinian conflict
L.A. union won't follow in the footsteps of locals in San Francisco and Seatte and instead will set up forums for discussion.
- Earthquake: 2.7 quake strikes in Carson
A magnitude 2.7 earthquake was reported Thursday at 7:58 p.m. in Carson, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
- Newport Harbor girls volleyball earns ‘huge win’ over Edison in Wave League
The Sailors make the most of 18 service aces in a four-set victory that gives them sole possession of first place.
- La Habra football worn down by Ayala’s grind-it-out attack
The Highlanders drop to 0-5 while the visiting Bulldogs move to 6-0 behind three TD passes by Bryan Wilson.
- 'Vaccines: What's New, What's Next' Town Hall with Dr. Jen Ashton and Dr. Anthony Fauci
The Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Dr. Anthony Fauci, joined Dr. Jen Ashton for a town hall on the COVID-19 vaccines.
- Jeffrey Fire: Blaze erupts in Chatsworth, covering surrounding area with smoke
A brush fire erupted in Chatsworth, covering the surrounding area with thick smoke as firefighters battled the blaze Wednesday afternoon.
- Alex Cobb pitches well again in Angels’ victory over Astros
Cobb has allowed one run in 10-2/3 innings in two September starts. He lowered his ERA to 3.46 as he prepares to hit the free agent market.
- Asian shares mixed on China developer, virus concerns
TOKYO (AP) — Asian shares were mixed Friday amid concerns over troubled Chinese real estate developer Evergrande and over the pandemic.