- L.A. council members backtrack, turning against request to help a hotel developer
L.A. City Council members are reversing course on a potential tax break for a hotel developer after learning the city previously sued his company over unpaid hotel taxes.
- Brush fire sparks near Corona, prompts evacuations in Yorba Linda
The 200-acre blaze, the second brush fire to ignite amid high winds Monday, was moving west and forcing evacuations in Orange County.
- Democratic incumbent Tom Daly heavily favored against GOP challenger Jon Paul White in 69th Assembly District
Independents outnumber Republicans in diverse central Orange County district.
- Southern California’s extreme fire danger weather expected to ease Tuesday
Temperatures will rise but the strong gusts of Santa Ana winds are expected to subside.
- Evacuations ordered as brush fire advances toward homes in Yorba Linda
A blaze known as the Blue Ridge Fire has burned at least 200 acres and is advancing toward homes in Yorba Linda, fire officials say.
- Silverado Fire, Blue Ridge Fire erupt in Orange County
Two major brush fires are burning right now in Orange County, fueled by the dangerous Santa Ana Winds.
- LA County, city rolls out pilot program to respond to mental health crisis calls
Officials from the county and city announced the yearlong program on Monday, Oct. 26, declaring it time for a more compassionate approach to helping people having mental health crises -- rather than having law enforcement, firefighters or paramedics respond.
- Could the Lakers, Dodgers be contributing to L.A. County coronavirus infections?
Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer fears gatherings to watch recent sporting events are contributing to the rate of infection.