Updates in Policy and Government
- Why Border Patrol is doing more to rescue and identify missing migrantson July 25, 2021
The agency's approach to missing migrants has evolved amid an increase in migration and deaths.
- Mar-a-Lago primary: Trump wields power with endorsements, but some in GOP fear midterm damageon July 25, 2021
Ex-President Trump rewards allies and punishes enemies with endorsements. He meets this week with Wyoming Republicans running against Rep. Liz Cheney.
- Fauci: 'There's no way' the coronavirus was made with U.S. research funds. Here's whyon July 24, 2021
Sen. Rand Paul accused Dr. Anthony Fauci of funding research in China that created the coronavirus. Fauci says that's a lie and explains why.
- Trump ally Thomas J. Barrack Jr. released on $250-million bailon July 23, 2021
Thomas J. Barrack Jr., also a prominent L.A. investor, awaits trial on charges of obstruction of justice and acting as an agent of the United Arab Emirates.
- Column: This California bill would protect our medical data from Big Tech (Hi, Amazon!)on July 23, 2021
Assemblyman Ed Chau (D-Arcadia) is trying to pass legislation that would require tech companies to get our permission before accessing health data.
- Podcast: The battle of 187's ripple effectson July 23, 2021
1994's xenophobic campaign for California Proposition 187 galvanized Latinos and led them to jump into politics. Now they're all over Capitol Hill.