Updates in Policy and Government
- David Dinkins, New York's only Black mayor, dies at 93on November 24, 2020
Dinkins served only one term before his defeat against Rudolph W. Giuliani, leaving behind a complicated legacy.
- After two COVID-19 exposures, Newsom and his family will quarantine until Dec. 5on November 24, 2020
During a midday news conference from his Fair Oaks home, Newsom said that everyone in his family has tested negative for the virus.
- Trump bows to reality as Biden shapes historically diverse Cabineton November 23, 2020
President Trump authorizes start of formal transition as Joe Biden makes several historic picks for key posts, shaping a Cabinet that is notably diverse and brings back many Obama-era insiders.
- Feinstein won't seek top Judiciary Committee spot following complaints from progressiveson November 23, 2020
Feinstein, 87, is the ranking Democrat on the Judiciary Committee and was in line to become its first female chair if Democrats take control of the Senate.
- California officials improperly allowed cannabis billboards along highways, court ruleson November 23, 2020
California's Bureau of Cannabis Control overstepped its power when it adopted a regulation allowing billboards to advertise pot along freeways, a judge rules.
- Biden picks Alejandro Mayorkas for Homeland Security secretaryon November 23, 2020
Biden picks California attorney Alejandro Mayorkas to lead the Homeland Security department. He would be the first Latino to hold the post.