Updates in Policy and Government
- California's $2-billion school reopening plan: What you need to knowon March 1, 2021
California's plan aims to incentivize school districts to return transitional kindergarten through second-grade students to the classroom by April 1.
- Newsom, legislators strike deal to offer schools $2 billion in incentives to reopen campuseson March 1, 2021
The plan offers incentives to districts that offer in-person instruction in counties with fewer than 25 new daily coronavirus cases per 100,000 residents.
- Column: An old dog learns new tricks — confessions of the L.A. Times' newest politics columniston March 1, 2021
Mark Z. Barabak will look at personalities, issues and political trends on the country's leading edge.
- Vaccine rollout for farmworkers is fraught with confusion and bad timingon March 1, 2021
In the Central Valley, the spring harvest is coming, and the transition to Blue Shield is complicating efforts to vaccinate farmworkers against COVID-19.
- How the debate over holding internet platforms accountable is changing under Bidenon March 1, 2021
Section 230 has been a 'brick wall' for anyone seeking to sue internet companies over user-generated content, but bills and legal strategies under consideration could represent an opportunity to change that.
- Biden, Mexico's López Obrador discuss immigration crisis by videoconferenceon March 1, 2021
President Biden met by video Monday with Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador, with the migrant crisis at the border topping the agenda.