- Jon Arnett, legendary USC running back who also starred for Rams, dies at 85on January 19, 2021
Jon Arnett, one of the greatest running backs in USC history and a College Football Hall of Famer, died Saturday at the age of 85.
- Buoyed by strong Pac-12 start, UCLA returns to AP rankings at No. 24on January 18, 2021
UCLA, which has won six consecutive games, is ranked in the AP men's college basketball poll for the first time since the season's opening week.
- High schools begin playing football games in violation of state health guidelineson January 18, 2021
Several high school football games were played in California over the weekend in violation of state COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions.
- Third quarter a charm: 5 takeaways from the Clippers' win Sundayon January 18, 2021
Five takeaways from the Clippers' victory over the Indiana Pacers on Sunday night at Staples Center.
- Mater Dei’s Bruce Rollinson decries football game that was played in spite of health guidelineson January 19, 2021
Rollinson expresses disappointment over Saturday's contest and asks, 'What is this saying to the kids?' The CIF-SS continues to investigate the game that might have violated its rules by breaking state health guidelines.
- NFL changes 2021 scouting combine because of COVID-19 pandemicon January 19, 2021
Any workouts will take place on individual pro days on college campuses. Interviews of prospects and psychological testing and assessments will be done virtually.