Environment & Climate News
- Alasdair Harris: How Can Coastal Conservation Save Marine Life And Fishing Practices?on June 25, 2021
; Credit: /Courtesy of TED Manoush Zomorodi, Matthew Cloutier, and SANAZ MESHKINPOUR | NPRPart 3 of TED Radio Hour episode: An SOS From The Ocean In 1998, Alasdair Harris went to Madagascar to research coral reefs. He's worked there ever since. He […]
- L.A. is banning most gas appliances in new homes. Get ready for electric stoveson May 27, 2022
Climate change spurred Friday's unanimous vote by the Los Angeles City Council.
- How the Public Utilities Commission circumvents the California Public Records Acton May 27, 2022
The CPUC has multiple barriers to prevent the public from learning about its handling of deadly disasters and corporate scandals, an investigation found.
- The Sierra Club is turning 130 and struggling with its historyon May 28, 2022
The Sierra Club was founded May 28, 1892, with John Muir as its first president.
- Purchase of Banning Ranch for preserved natural space is fully fundedon May 26, 2022
After two decades of fighting for its preservation, all the nearly $100 million needed has been secured to buy Banning Ranch -- allowing a dream to start becoming reality.
- California wants to force insurers to reward homeowners for fireproofing homeson May 26, 2022
New rules proposed by California’s Department of Insurance would require insurers to take homeowners’ efforts to reduce wildfire risk into account when setting premiums. But they would still allow non-renewals.