Environment & Climate News
- Alasdair Harris: How Can Coastal Conservation Save Marine Life And Fishing Practices?on June 25, 2021
; Credit: /Courtesy of TED Manoush Zomorodi, Matthew Cloutier, and SANAZ MESHKINPOUR | NPRPart 3 of TED Radio Hour episode: An SOS From The Ocean In 1998, Alasdair Harris went to Madagascar to research coral reefs. He's worked there ever since. He […]
- Are ills of the Arctic hitting California? Hundreds of migratory seabirds wash ashoreon January 24, 2022
Over the last two years, more than 500 northern fulmars were found sick or dead along the Sonoma and Mendocino coasts. What is ailing these seabirds?
- High winds topple trees and power lines, stoking fires in Californiaon January 22, 2022
Gusty offshore winds took down trees and power lines and whipped up brush fires in Big Sur and Sonoma County overnight into Saturday.
- Big Sur wildfire forces evacuations; Highway 1 closed in both directionson January 22, 2022
The Colorado Fire ignited Friday night in the Palo Colorado Canyon and Rocky Creek Road area in Monterey County.
- Christmas tree recycling program with teeth, tailson January 20, 2022
“The trees offer antioxidants and trace minerals, a lot of vitamin A and C,” Dana Myers said. “And they also have de-worming, anti-parasitical properties.”
- Irvine asphalt factory cited again for odorson January 18, 2022
Neighbors say the latest violation is spurring hope that more will be done.