Environment & Climate News
- Alasdair Harris: How Can Coastal Conservation Save Marine Life And Fishing Practices?on June 25, 2021
; Credit: /Courtesy of TED Manoush Zomorodi, Matthew Cloutier, and SANAZ MESHKINPOUR | NPRPart 3 of TED Radio Hour episode: An SOS From The Ocean In 1998, Alasdair Harris went to Madagascar to research coral reefs. He's worked there ever since. He […]
- Supreme Court scales back clean water protections. What does it mean for California?on May 28, 2023
As a Supreme Court ruling scales back federal water protections, a top California water regulator says the state will maintain stringent oversight of wetlands.
- Audit finds California water agency not adequately considering climate change in forecastson May 27, 2023
State auditors say California's Department of Water Resources is failing to adequately account for climate change in its water-supply forecasts.
- California’s epic melting snowpack means cold, deadly torrents ahead of Memorial Day weekendon May 26, 2023
At least 7, including 2 children, have died or gone missing in the grasp of powerful river currents as Sacramento swift-water rescue crews practiced their skills this week on the American River.
- 3 mountain lion kittens in Simi Hills become 25th local litter marked by researcherson May 25, 2023
Coming off a particularly difficult year for area lion populations, biologists say the birth of these three females is cause for celebration.
- Supreme Court limits EPA authority to protect wetlandson May 25, 2023
The outcome could threaten efforts to control flooding on the Mississippi River and protect the Chesapeake Bay, wrote Justice Brett Kavanaugh, breaking with the other five conservatives.