Food & Health
- Nickel Diner, beloved by Jonathan Gold, Guy Fieri and others, to close this weekendon May 26, 2023
The community-conscious restaurant will shut its doors Sunday after 15 years in business. The owners hope it won't mark the end of feeding those in need.
- What's up with all the wine at Anajak Thai? It's an L.A. jewel, but don't sleep on these bottles from its massive liston May 26, 2023
Anajak Thai is a beloved so-L.A. restaurant, but it's the sprawling list of bottles that has enamored the Sherman Oaks destination to Southern California's wine scene.
- Bar Chelou — where things get 'weird' — serves a jolt of eccentricity to Pasadenaon May 25, 2023
Chef Douglas Rankin and pastry chef Raymond Morales from Silver Lake's now-closed Bar Restaurant have reunited at Bar Chelou next to the Pasadena Playhouse.
- Don't eat raw cookie dough, CDC warns: Salmonella outbreak linked to bake-at-home productson May 24, 2023
A salmonella outbreak in six states, including California, is tied to two varieties of raw cookie dough sold at Papa Murphy's Take 'N' Bake Pizza stores, investigators say.
- A look at the history of protection from harmful sun rayson May 27, 2023
On average, about 73,870 new melanoma cases will be diagnosed each year
- The FDA approved a new drug for hot flashes. Here’s why it shows ‘a lot of promise’on May 23, 2023
The non-hormonal drug treatment is the first of its class and represents an option for women who cannot take hormones.
- Aging boom could change what we consider beautifulon May 22, 2023
If a graying America rethinks ideas about beauty and vitality to match up with their mirrors, it could affect everything from Hollywood movies to beer ads.