Food & Health
- Celebrate the Lunar New Year with some extra-long longevity noodleson January 25, 2022
For Lunar New Year, Lan Noodle makes a single, extra-long noodle that's more than 5 feet long for good luck and good fortune in the new year.
- San Francisco's Chinatown is caught between past and futureon January 21, 2022
In the wake of Amazon and the pandemic, a new generation of restaurants and retailers is coming. Where does that leave S.F.'s Chinatown?
- Omicron poses new threats to restaurants and barson January 21, 2022
With the Omicron variant surge, restaurateurs have to find new ways to pivot.
- Column: Their Mexican bakery weathered COVID-19's devastation. Can it survive a fire?on January 21, 2022
Spigas was the culmination of a promise the two Mexican immigrants had made to each other 25 years earlier, when they met at another panaderia in Santa Ana.
- 80% surveyed want a new hospital built in San Clementeon January 24, 2022
Since the city's community hospital closed in 2016, there has not been an emergency room closer than 20 or 30 minutes.
- Number of patients hospitalized ‘with COVID’ vs. ‘for COVID’ is shiftingon January 21, 2022
But health experts say hospitals are still under strain and the virus remains serious business.
- As pandemic rages, a new health crisis looms; blood banks running lowon January 21, 2022
Now, blood contributions are desperately needed in Southern California.