Food & Health
- This is the 'trendy' Italian meat with 1,000 years of staying poweron January 26, 2023
Pink waves of mortadella — the Italian pork sausage that inspired bologna — are rippling over plates of antipasti, in sandwiches and on pizzas across L.A. It might even show up in your cocktail.
- Nearly 20 L.A. chefs and restaurants named semifinalists for 2023 James Beard Foundation Awardson January 25, 2023
From the James Beard Foundation award semifinalists announced today, nominees for the annual restaurant and bar awards will be revealed on March 29.
- Californians to vote on overturning a new law that could raise fast-food worker wageson January 25, 2023
A referendum to repeal California's landmark law, AB 257, aimed at raising wages and improving conditions for fast-food workers has qualified for next year's ballot.
- Roscoe's House of Chicken 'n Waffles closes its Pico location after 32 yearson January 24, 2023
The Pico location of Roscoe's Chicken 'n Waffles has closed. Though the closure was planned for years due to the opening of a nearby location along La Brea, the Pico restaurant was a special place for many Angelenos.
- Alzheimer’s study in Boston looking at possible treatment to prevent the diseaseon January 26, 2023
Boston medical researchers are hoping to get ahead of Alzheimer's by testing a possible treatment in patients who don't have symptoms but may be at risk for the progressive disease.
- California’s state COVID testing sites begin to closeon January 23, 2023
As the state prepares to end the state of emergency, those sites with less demand will close first.
- Southern California life expectancy shows huge gaps based on race, gender, countyon January 22, 2023
The COVID-19 pandemic is among the reasons, but there are other key issues that lead to the disparities.