- Lakers hire Bucks assistant Darvin Ham as coachon May 28, 2022
The Lakers have hired Milwaukee assistant Darvin Ham to be their next coach. It will be Ham's first head coaching job in the NBA.
- The Prefontaine Classic has created legends. Colin Sahlman is driven to join themon May 27, 2022
Newbury Park High star Colin Sahlman has a habit of shattering records and believes he can deliver the fastest high school mile at the Prefontaine Classic.
- City Section championship game returns to Dodger Stadium on Saturdayon May 27, 2022
Birmingham will play Chatsworth on Saturday in Open Division final. Garfield will face Narbonne in Division I final.
- Hernández: Angel Stadium has a charmed simplicity, but will it last?on May 27, 2022
Change is in the future for Angel Stadium. But can the venue keep its charm if the place is more about being an event than just a game?
- Orioles storm back, erase pair of 6-run deficits to beat Red Sox, 12-8on May 28, 2022
For all the platitudes the Orioles give about their mentality— how they never give up— Friday night at Fenway Park was real, tangible evidence to support those statements. The Orioles trailed 6-0 after the second inning and 8-2 after the sixth inning. In those fits and spurts, the Orioles turned a potential blowout into a barnburner, with the go-ahead run— and then...
- Pete Alonso’s power boosts the Mets in win over Phillieson May 28, 2022
The Mets are living and dying with Pete Alonso’ s power. They have won 10 of the 11 games that Alonso has homered in this season, and Friday night’ s 8-6 win over the Phillies fell into the majority. Alonso cranked his 12th homer of the year in the third inning off Bailey Falter, a two-run 400- foot shot to left field that gave the Mets a nice, breathable five-run advantage...