- All The News That's Fit: Anemia and aspirin, the rise of diabetes and old-timey diseaseson September 26, 2023
This week in health news, from Scott LaFee of the Sanford Burnham Prebys research institute
- A soup that has simmered through three generationson September 24, 2023
Some soups are a family affair: This one was passed down from grandmother to mother to son, namely Wesley Avila, the chef of Guerrilla Tacos in Los Angeles.
- My Valley girl accent follows me wherever I go. Long live the 'likes' and 'totallys'on September 25, 2023
My true voice is a Valley girl voice, but I hide it because people respect me less when I use Valleyspeak. Why does the accent that brings me comfort have to be so stigmatized?
- It's a sober event that doesn't feel like one: Inside L.A.'s booze-free dance party movementon September 25, 2023
Instead of substances, partygoers use tools such as meditation, breathwork and somatic movement to get in the flow and connect with one another.
- This week’s bestsellers at Southern California’s independent bookstoreson September 27, 2023
See the top-selling releases among hardcover fiction and nonfiction, plus trade and mass market paperbacks for the sales week that ended Sept. 24.
- 10 classic theme parks that influenced Walt Disney’s creation of Disneylandon September 26, 2023
A new history of Disneyland created as part of the 17,000-page DisneylandForward Environmental Impact Report details the classic amusement parks that inspired Walt Disney’s creation of Disneyland in 1955.