Updates in Policy and Government
- Trump lawyer John Eastman's Jan. 6 notoriety was decades in the making in Californiaon June 26, 2022
The Jan. 6 investigation marks the confluence of key figures and influences in Eastman's life, including his decades in California's political scene.
- Column: In a chaotic post-Roe world, here's what it will take for women to still get abortionson June 26, 2022
Long before the Supreme Court reversed Roe vs. Wade, Planned Parenthood affiliates in Arizona and California hatched a plan to connect women to care.
- Jan. 6 hearings have become Trump's third impeachment — and a road map for prosecuting himon June 26, 2022
The Jan. 6 hearings have already shown the public there are least three potential criminal charges Atty. Gen. Merrick Garland could prosecute Trump on.
- Column: After a week of guns, abortion and insurrection, California's resistance matters more than everon June 26, 2022
While Roe is grabbing headlines, the far right is marching forward with a plan to remake America. California is everything it hopes to destroy.
- Biden vows G-7 will remain united behind Ukraine, as Russia steps up attackson June 26, 2022
Biden arrives in Europe for G-7 and NATO summits as the world's leading democracies grapple with war in Ukraine as well as their own domestic issues.
- LGBTQ Californians worry they will be next to lose rights after Roe decisionon June 26, 2022
Many fear LGBTQ rights will be the Supreme Court's next target