Updates in Policy and Government
- Civil rights groups file lawsuit to block Newsom's plan for treating people with mental illnesson January 26, 2023
Disability and civil rights advocates want to stop California's new CARE Court system from launching later this year.
- California Rep. Adam Schiff enters marquee Senate raceon January 26, 2023
Rep. Adam B. Schiff of Burbank is the latest high-profile Democrat to join the 2024 Senate race, while Sen. Dianne Feinstein remains mum on seeking reelection.
- Battles continue over who will lead California Assembly as Democrats jockey for poweron January 26, 2023
Assemblyman Joaquin Arambula's emergence as a speaker candidate is a sign that Democrats are still at odds, and the acrimony could hinder the debate over balancing the budget
- Where have Republicans been during California's mass shootings? They're busy appeasing the gun worshiping culton January 26, 2023
Gov. Gavin Newsom has spoken more eloquently than anyone else about the three California mass shootings that occurred in rapid fire sequence, killing at least 24.
- Meet the Bay Area-born Justice Department attorney who'll square off in House GOP investigationson January 26, 2023
Meet the Californian who will square off with House Republicans this year over congressional oversight of the Justice Department.
- San Francisco judge orders release of 911 call, body camera footage in Paul Pelosi attackon January 26, 2023
A San Francisco judge ordered the release of pivotal evidence in the attack on Nancy Pelosi's husband, including the 911 call and body camera footage.